For God, who said, "Let there be light in the darkness," has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. - 2 Corinthians 4:6-7

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Forget About The Ordinary

Tomorrow I leave for Lira, Uganda for 2 months. As of right now I'm like a Heinz 57 bottle of emotions. But even over all the mix of emotions and anxiety, the most dominant feeling I have tonight is peace. This is I know is only from God because He is the Prince of Peace and calmer of all my fears. I know that no matter what happens in Uganda this summer, I am in His will, right where He wants me. I will be doing His work, and serving people who are dear to His heart. There's no place I'd rather be than that. When I look back on my life 50 years from now I want it to have meaning, I want to show that I was part of something beautiful. I want it to show I was part of something bigger than myself, bigger than my selfish wants and desires. I feel so blessed to be given this opportunity and am so thankful for the people who have supported me on this trip financially and with prayer.

Already this trip has taught me so much. Like how God blesses you abundantly when you trust. I was able to raise 5,000 dollars for my trip in a month, and met every single deadline that at the time seemed impossible. Throughout this process God continued to teach me that He is sovereign and in control of everything and through Him nothing is impossible. I feel blessed that He decided to teach me this before I left to go to a country where hope is bleak and sometimes it looks like restoration is impossible.

I just want to encourage everyone today, that hope is on the way. And it can be found in the way of Jesus Christ. No matter how many times you've heard this, I pray that you let this truth penetrate your heart and be shown through the way you live your life. Live out your dreams and check your baggage of fear at the door. Christ is bigger than fears, He has already overcome every challenge that we face. Now he's waiting for you to come to Him so He can fulfill your dreams, and give you a life more abundantly.

"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world." -1 John 4:4

This is one of my favorite songs by JJ Heller and I think it pretty much sums up how I feel. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG8WIAMq0DI

No comments:

Post a Comment