For God, who said, "Let there be light in the darkness," has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. - 2 Corinthians 4:6-7

Saturday, July 30, 2011

One constant

Today is my last day in Africa. Time has been elusive this summer in Uganda. It's here one minute then gone the next.. I feel like I could  have spent 4 more months over here. I think half of my love for this country is rooted in the freeing feeling that it gives. When you are away from the busyness and materialism of the western world you truely have time to examine your heart and who you've become ,and who you want to be. Although God speaks all the time to us, sometimes we rarely hear because we are just too busy to listen. This is something I really learned this summer, we often don't hear God's voice because we are too consumed with our own. We have this grand story that we build up in our minds to be the best way to live our life, so we ignore God when He tells us He wants something different for us. But the truth is God's story for our lives is so much more rich than the one we planned. After all, He is our creator and He made our heart's so He knows what truely satisfies us. We often experience dissatisfaction with our relationship with God because we try to add Him into our own story, and it just doesn't work. He wants all of us. He doesn't want just to be something you do on Sunday, or someone you decide to call on when everything else fails. He wants to be your everything, and He wants you to give Him every part of your heart and life. Even the not so pretty parts, because He is big enough to heal them.
While I'm very sad to leave, I cling to one truth. The God I grew with here this summer will still be with me in America. He will continue to grow me into He completes His good works through me."And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."- Philippians 1:6
Although I have to leave my kids I love at the primary school, my friend Eva that I discipled all summer, African laughter, Mandozis's, and all the members on my team that I've grown to love so dearly, I can keep my God, I can keep His truths, I get to keep all He taught me. And even admist the pain of leaving, somehow He is enough.

 I just wanted to thank everyone one last time who helped support me on this trip. It truely has been a life changing experience. You have been used by God to accomplish great things in Uganda. And I can never repay you for the growth you've helped me experience. I love you all! See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment